How to register Aadhaar in ITD
e-Filing website, Solution to errors in linking of Aadhaar, Aadhaar in
case of HUF / Corporate login, reset password through Aadhaar, Validity of
OTP sent from Aadhaar database, How to check Aadhaar number linking, Is
it mandatory to link Aadhaar number, De – Linking of AADHAAR, Non
receipt of OTP on registered mobile number, change mobile number
registered in Aadhaar database, change Wrong Aadhaar number updated in
e-Filing profile, e-verify the Income tax return through Aadhaar OTP,
Procedure for e-verification through Aadhaar etc.
1. What information do I need, to register Aadhaar in the ITD e-Filing website?
Answer: The only information that is required is a valid 12 digits Aadhaar number
2. How to register Aadhaar in the ITD e-Filing website?
Answer: Login to
e-Filing website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
with your login
credentials and follow the procedure mentioned below If you had not
attempted previously to link Aadhaar, then on login, a popup will appear
to provide the Aadhaar number. Provide the Aadhaar in the given field,
input the captcha image in the required field and click “Link Now” or If
you had attempted linking Aadhaar previously and the linking had
failed, you may attempt to link once again by following these steps:
Post login > Profile Settings > ‘Link Aadhaar> Enter your 12
Digit ‘Aadhaar’ Number > Enter the Captcha > Click on ‘Link
Aadhaar’ to link with your PAN.
3. Unable to link Aadhaar as the error states “Please enter a valid Aadhaar Number”
Answer: This could be
on account of an invalid Aadhaar number. You may please contact UIDAI
Help desk 1800-300-1947 for updating AADHAAR CARD database related
queries. Note: You can even login to
4. Unable to link Aadhaar as the error states “Identity data Mismatch”
Answer: Details like
your Name, Date of Birth, and Gender as per PAN Database will be
validated against the Aadhaar database. If any of these parameters do
not match, the message “Identity data Mismatch” will appear and the
Aadhaar Number will NOT be linked to your PAN.
For updating the PAN details, you are requested to contact NSDL at
020-27218080 or visit
to update Aadhaar details, please contact 1800-300-1947 or visit UIDAI
5. What are the benefits of linking Aadhaar in ITD e-Filing website?
Answer: Once Adhara-PAN linking is completed, you would be able to…
- e-Verify your return using Aadhaar, provided your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar.
- Enable e-Filing Vault – You can secure your e-filing account as well
as ‘Reset password’ functionality from any unauthorized activity.
6. Whose Aadhaar number has to be linked in the HUF/Corporate login?
Answer: Aadhaar number
of Principal person / karta is required to be linked of Corporate/HUF
login as they are the persons competent to verify the returns/statements
under the Income Tax Act. .
7. How to reset password through Aadhaar option in e-Filing website for an Individual user?
Answer: If Aadhaar
number is linked in e-Filing website user can select reset password
through Aadhaar. An OTP will be sent to the Aadhaar registered mobile
number and the user need to enter this OTP to reset password for
8. What is Validity of OTP sent from Aadhaar database?
Answer: Aadhaar OTP will be having 15 minutes validity period from the time of its generation.
9. How to check Aadhaar number is linked for HUF/non-Corporate (Other than Company) user in e-Filing website?
Answer: Login to
e-Filing website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with
HUF/Non-corporate login credentials and follow the procedure mentioned
below Post login > Profile Settings > Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ to
view Aadhaar linking status of Karta / Principal contact Person
10. Is it mandatory to link Aadhaar number in e-Filing profile?
Answer: Linking of Aadhaar is not mandatory in e-Filing website.
11. What if user is not getting Aadhaar OTP to his registered mobile number?
Answer: You may contact UIDAI Helpdesk 1800-300-1947.
12. Unable to link Aadhaar number in e-filing website post updation of pan/aadhaar data base
Answer: You may try linking the Aadhaar after few days.
13. De – Linking of AADHAAR Number in e-Filing Website
Answer: There is no option available to De-link the Aadhaar number which is already linked in e-Filing website.
14. How to change mobile number registered in Aadhaar database?
Answer: You will be required to contact UIDAI Help desk 1800-300-1947 for updating AADHAAR database
15. How to change Wrong Aadhaar number updated in e-Filing profile?
Answer: You may contact UIDAI to update your personal particulars with the correct Aadhaar number.
16. How to e-verify the Income tax return through Aadhaar OTP?
Answer: GO TO Login to
e-Filing website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with your login
credentials and follow the procedure mentioned below. Post uploading
your Return- Go to My Account > e-Verify Return > Click on
‘e-Verify’ link select option ‘I would like to generate Aadhaar OTP to
e-Verify my return’ > Enter the 6 digit alphanumeric OTP received on
the mobile Number communicated by Aadhaar to e-Verify your return.
Note: Before opting for this option, confirm that your Aadhaar Number is linked with your PAN.
17. Unable to e-verify the return with the Aadhaar for HUF/non-Corporate user?
Answer: First, the
Principle contact details of the HUF/Non-Corporate will have to be
updated with the correct signatory PAN by following the steps given
below: Login with HUF/Non-Corporate login credentials. Click on ‘Profile
Settings’ > My Profile> Update Principle Contact> enter the
new Principle Contact PAN and contact details.
To e-verify the HUF/Non-corporate returns, the PAN of the
Karta/Principle contact has to be linked to their Aadhaar in the
18. Is it mandatory to enter Aadhaar number to fill in ITR forms, if it’s linked in e-Filing profile?
Answer: No it’s not mandatory.
19. Procedure for e-verification through Aadhaar (Non Corporate)
Answer: EVC has to be
pre-generated by the principal contact through their person’s e-Filing
login. The steps are, My Account >e-verify > “I would like to
generate Aadhaar OTP to e-Verify the Form”, provided the principal
contact has linked PAN with Aadhaar.